3D-Micromac – Micromachining Excellence
Our Demand: Setting Worldwide Standards in Laser Micromachining
3D-Micromac is the leading specialist in laser micromachining. Our experts develop processes and laser systems at the highest technological level. 3D-Micromac systems have been successfully implemented in various high-tech industries worldwide. That includes the photovoltaic and semiconductor industry, glass and display technology, micro diagnostics, and medical device manufacturing. Our target is completely satisfying customer demands, even on the most complex projects.
3D-Micromac adheres to high-performance and future-oriented micromachining processes at high production efficiency. Our technologies have set international standards for true innovation. Since we place great importance on continually expanding our know-how, we diligently keep up with the latest research. We combine recent results with our customers’ demands daily to realize them in practice.
Keep up with our Newsletter!
Receive early access to our webinars, whitepapers and case studies. Don’t miss any events, special offers or updates to our products.
Milestones in 3D-Micromac’s History
3D-Micromac AG was founded in 2002 in Chemnitz with a total of six employees. Since then, the company has grown to more than 190 employees today.
In its strategic alignment 3D-Micromac concentrates particularly on international high-tech markets. We are one of the first companies in the world to focus on the use of ultra-short pulse lasers for the processing of materials. We also specialize in the use of excimer lasers for microprocessing. More than 100 excimer laser micromachining systems produced by 3D-Micromac AG are currently in industrial use.
From the founding of our company until today we have constantly been able to achieve important milestones:
- 2022: microVEGA™ XMR Laser annealing system honored with 2022 Laser Focus World Innovators Award
- 2018: Winner of TÜV SÜD Innovation Prize
- 2017: New company headquarter
- 2015: Solar Industry Award in the category of «PV Tool»
- 2014: Founding of 3D-Micromac America, LLC, technology acquisition for Thermal Laser Separation (TLS-Dicing™), and successful market launch of production systems for Laser Contact Opening
- 2013: Strategic realignment focusing on industrial growth markets
- 2011: Winner of the «SPIE Green Photonics Award» and Taiwan Laser Application Excellence Award
- 2010: Successful market launch of production systems for the manufacturing of nozzles via excimer-laser
- 2009: Opening of the company headquarters at the Chemnitz Technology Campus
- 2007: Winner of the Saxon Innovation Prize
- 2004: Development of industrial-suited excimer-laser system for marking of ophthalmic lenses
- 2003: Market launch of the world’s first commercial laser system utilizing ultra-short pulse laser
- 2002: Founding of 3D-Micromac AG
In a period of 10 years 3D-Micromac AG has carved out a strong position for itself among manufacturers of laser micromachining systems. With that we have established a strong foundation for dynamic growth in international markets.
3D-Micromac’s Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct of the 3D-Micromac AG forms a core component of our corporate mission statement and regulates the principles and values on which our company relies in unconditional compliance with legal regulations. It thus serves to secure the long-term interests of our company and its employees.
It describes the guidelines for compliance with ethical standards and aims to create a working environment that promotes integrity, mutual respect, and fair conduct.
The Code of Conduct was adopted by the management of 3D-Micromac AG. The Code of Conduct is binding for all employees, the management, and the supervisory board of 3D-Micromac AG.
At 3D-Micromac we care for our environment. We aim to act in a sustainable way in all of our business units.
Generally speaking, we don’t use any toxic or ecologically damaging materials in our production processes. Regarding waste disposal we place great value on making recycling processes as easy as possible by sorting our waste appropriately and accordingly to legal requirements.
Especially in terms of energy and building technology we have achieved already a lot: On the roofs of our company buildings we have installed photovoltaic systems with a total power of 89 kWp. By using most of the generated power for our own supply we avoid about 0,5 tons of CO2 per year.
In our latest company building an innovative building technology has been implemented. This was based on an analysis of the expected heat demand as well as the calculated heating and cooling load. Therefore, this building is conditioned by a ground-coupled heat exchanger. Furthermore, energy saving LED lighting has been installed in all of our buildings.
In keeping with our motto “The greatness in small things” all of our employees can take part in making 3D-Micromac a greener company by handing their individual ideas for more sustainability in their own departments. As one small step we are printing duplex as a standard on paper with EU eco label.