Built on a highly flexible platform with a small table-top footprint, the microPREP PRO allows for easy integration into FA workflows. Developed jointly with Fraunhofer Institute for Microstructure of Materials and Systems (IMWS), the microPREP PRO complements existing approaches to sample preparation such as focused ion beam (FIB) micromachining, offering up to 10,000 times higher ablation rates and therefore an order of magnitude lower cost of ownership (CoO) compared to FIB. As the first stand-alone, ultrashort pulsed laser-based tool for sample preparation, the microPREP PRO brings additional unique capabilities, such as enabling large-area and 3D-shape sampling to allow for more comprehensive testing of complex structures.
“The TÜV SÜD Innovation Prize is a great honor for us, because the microPREP falls outside our standard user market. The close cooperation with our partners from the Fraunhofer Institute is what made this development possible, since they are familiar with the market requirements for sample preparation. We contributed our many years of expertise in laser micromachining. As a result, we both created the basis for the microPREP™ and are continuously expanding its potential applications. This month we will be introducing a new device and new workflows at the Semicon West trade fair,” says Uwe Wagner, the Chief Technology Officer of 3D-Micromac.
Members of the TÜV SÜD Innovation prize jury:
- Volker Meyer-Guckel, representativ general secretary of Stifterverband
- Hans Müller-Steinhagen, Rector TU Dresden
- Manfred Wittenstein, Chairman of the WITTENSTEIN AG
- Professor Ernst Schadow, former Chairman TÜV SÜD e.V.
- Hermann Mund, former Chairmann advisory board TÜV SÜD Foundation
- Thomas Busch, Chairman of the TÜV SÜD employee organization
- Reiner Block, CEO Division Industry Service – TÜV SÜD AG
- Constantin Scheuermann and Tarek Ouertani, Workaround, Winners from 2017
More information on TÜV SÜD Innovation Prize is available at www.tuev-sued.de/innovationspreis.